The MILUG mission is to develop the AFOL community in the mid island area of Vancouver Island as a friendly and collaborative association of individuals who support each other and who are involved in the community.
- To provide a venue for friendship and collaboration among adult fans of LEGO®.
- To provide an atmosphere of creativity and cooperation in the spirit of fair play.
- To promote and develop the adult LEGO® community and to encourage aspiring new LEGO® enthusiasts.
- To organize and participate in public events to share our love of LEGO® with our community.
- To communicate with other adult fans of LEGO® and The LEGO Group.
- To have fun!
The Mid Island LEGO® Users Group (MILUG) was established in April 2016 and is based out of Nanaimo, BC with members from Duncan to Campbell River (if you are willing to drive from further than you are welcome too!). It is a community of adult LEGO® fans with a variety of building interests and skill levels throughout all communities in the mid island area of Vancouver Island, BC who share a love of LEGO®. Monthly meetings allow members to share ideas, discuss LEGO® products, plan our involvement in community events, and share and build creations in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Becoming a Member
As an AFOL (Adult Fan of LEGO®) group, membership is open to anyone 19 years of age and over who has a personal interest in LEGO® as a hobby. MILUG members have access to the member’s only forum, attend regular meetings and participate in community events and displays. Non-members can only access the public MILUG forum.
To become a member please:
- Register on our website for access to the public forums (if you have difficulties please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Create a post in the Introductions section of the forums with your real name (so we know who you are) and tell us about your interest in becoming a member.
- Attend a MILUG meeting so we can all get to know each other in person (if distance is an issue please post on the forums). We hope to move our meetings around the mid island as we grow.
- Pay the annual membership fee of $12 (just $1 per month).
Meetings are an opportunity to get together with other adults who love LEGO®. They provide a venue for discussing new ideas and techniques, upcoming sets, contests, and anything else related to LEGO®. They are also a great way for us to plan our involvement in community events. They are a place to show off your MOCs (my own creation) and even do some building – on your own, as a group, or as part of an internal competition or challenge!