The MILUG mission is to develop the AFOL community in the mid island area of Vancouver Island as a friendly and collaborative association of individuals who support each other and who are involved in the community.
- To provide a venue for friendship and collaboration among adult fans of LEGO®.
- To provide an atmosphere of creativity and cooperation in the spirit of fair play.
- To promote and develop the adult LEGO® community and to encourage aspiring new LEGO® enthusiasts.
- To organize and participate in public events to share our love of LEGO® with our community.
- To communicate with other adult fans of LEGO® and The LEGO Group.
- To have fun!
The Mid Island LEGO® Users Group (MILUG) was established in April 2016 and is based out of Nanaimo, BC. It is a community of adult LEGO® fans with a variety of building interests and skill levels throughout all communities in the mid island area of Vancouver Island, BC who share a love of LEGO®. Monthly meetings allow members to share ideas, discuss LEGO® products, plan our involvement in community events, and to share and build creations in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Becoming a Member
As an AFOL (Adult Fan of LEGO®) group, membership is open to anyone 19 years of age and over who has a personal interest in LEGO® as a hobby. MILUG members have access to the member’s only forum, attend regular meetings and participate in community events and displays. Non-members can only access the public MILUG forum.
To become a member please:
- Register on our website for access to the public forums.
- Create a post in the Introductions section of the forums indicating your interest in becoming a member or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a MILUG meeting so we can all get to know each other in person.
- Pay the annual membership fee of $12 (just $1 per month).
Meetings are an opportunity to get together with other adults who love LEGO®. They provide a venue for discussing new ideas and techniques, upcoming sets, contests, and anything else related to LEGO®. They are also a great way for us to plan our involvement in community events. They are a place to show off your MOCs (my own creation) and even do some building – on your own, as a group, or as part of an internal competition or challenge!